Wednesday, January 8, 2014

LADY LUCK


If Luck is the residue of design

Then it is of your handwork I humbly opine

For you have formed the backbone to my spine

Enabling me to get out of the pickles 

and into the brine

To clean out the messes 

however fine

To come back to victory 

Though far far behind

It is your indomitable will I have pantomimed

That I can search for and always find

Pull things together as they unwind

That sustains me through the brutal grind

To slay the Chiefs with focused mind

By leading us out of a terrible bind

Lady Luck! 

There is none other of your kind

Dear Mother 

Always bless me with your sign

And ensure that victory will always be mine

With your sweet grace I can drink the wine

I am at once immortal and divine

Let us pierce the darkness and make it shine!

No comments:

Post a Comment